Have you ever looked carefully at the windows of your house? There may be signs of wear and tear, cracks, pealed of polish or rust. This was not enough that termite invasion just followed its way to the walls after eating away the wooden frames of your windows. How could you neglect such a disaster?
The windows are as important as doors since they are the secondary exit and entry points leading to your house. They have a significant role to play in regulating the temperature of your home and maintaining privacy as well. If the windows in your house are tattered, then you must invest in new windows.
Here are some of the major reasons why you need new windows-
1) They are old-fashion- If you have recently renovated your home, the old and traditional windows may not blend with the rest of the interior. Moreover, the old and dull windows can lower the appearance of your house externally and internally. If you want to get rid of the ancient windows, congratulations! Various options are available in terms of style, design, material and colors to choose from that will match with the aesthetics of your house.
2) The material has withered away- If you scrutinize your windows, you can witness that the polish of your wooden windows has faded away because of the daily exposure to environmental factors, including direct sunlight, rain and snow. Besides, if your windows are made up of iron, they can get corroded with time due to oxidation of iron, forming rust. The rust can weaken the material, and your windows can fall apart. It is the major reason for you to replace your windows.
3) Pests are making way to your home- There could be an intrusion of pests from the cracked, patched and broken parts of the windows. Even when the window accessory loosens up, the windows usually hang loosely, giving an easy way to the pests to enter through. These pests are not only harmful to your health and home but also for the windows since they feed on the organic parts of your windows. Therefore, install new windows that are made up sturdy material like aluminium which is not affected by pests and other environmental factors.
4) They are making obscure noises- Are you experiencing absurd noises coming from the windows? If yes, then you should understand that the nuts and bolts of your windows have collapsed and have loosened up, allowing the windows to hang loosely. Secondly, the frames of the window have lost their sealant, making it uneven. If you hear your window making noises frequently, it’s time to either get them repaired or completely replaced.
5) Your utility bills are increasing- Windows are great energy savers as they can keep your house warm during winters and cold during summers, keeping the heat and cold inside. If your home doesn’t remain cool or heated and you are experiencing a hike in your utility bills, your windows are the culprit since they are allowing the energy to escape to the exteriors.