How to Choose the Right Pressure Washer Nozzle
- March 19, 2023
There are several types of water nozzles that you can use with your pressure washer—each of these works differently on different surfaces. Depending on the area that you need to clean and the kind of dirt you need to clean, you can choose from a variety of nozzles available in the market. Listed below are the different kinds of nozzles as well as their functions-
- Red-colored zero degrees nozzle- this type of nozzle directs a concentrated yet small stream of water at the part that you want to clean. The surfaces can be used on our concrete and metal, especially to remove stains and dirt. This type of washer nozzle should not be used on soft surfaces such as wood or siding to damage them.
- Yellow-colored 15-degree nozzle- this type of nozzle can be used on almost every kind of surface, especially for cleaning off dirt or mold or maybe even old, dried up paint. Once you use this nozzle to clean off the surface, you can then repaint over or polish it.
- Green colored 25-degree nozzle- this kind of nozzle can clear larger surface areas such as driveways and decks to remove contaminants such as dirt and mud. The wide reach it gives allows for the area to be cleaned faster.
- Black colored nozzle- this type of nozzle has a very specialized function as it is only used to apply detergents on things that you need to clean.
- Rotating nozzle- rotating nozzles are usually only sold as accessories to Mi-T-M pressure washers. The water released from this nozzle rotates in a circular motion at a high rate of 5000-9000rpm of cleaning power. The immensity of power allows you to reduce your time invested in cleaning by half. Additionally, it has a span of 15 degrees, allowing you to access more of the cleaning area with less effort.
- Long-range detergent nozzle- like the rotating nozzle, this nozzle is also sold as an accessory used to apply detergents. This has more range than any of the other nozzles and can reach up to 30 feet, making it the best way to reach high above places.
If you are unsure of what kind of water nozzle to use for the surface you are looking at, you can either do a simple internet search or if that fails to yield specific answers, you can consult experts in the field. Pressure Systems Company Inc. is one such expert in the field. They specialize in designing, manufacturing, and distributing cleaning systems for industrial and commercial use. There are a variety of products they offer, including cold water systems and gas or propane heated systems, and electrically heated systems. Click on http://www.pscclean.com/ to know more about their products as well as speak to their representatives today.