A research paper is a piece of academic writing that is logical, analytical, and critical. Research papers are usually backed-up by research, facts, and verifiable proofs. A research paper encourages students to think critically and research objectively.
The main challenge in personal experiences and opinions.is knowing how to make the article interesting. Because the research paper is an academic work that requires logical and critical writing, it may be difficult to add some color to the report using
Are you finding it difficult to add color and interest to your research paper? Are you dissatisfied with your academic paper? Do you think your essay can grab more attention than it is getting now? Don’t worry! This article was written to handle these issues and more. By the time you are done with it, you will know how to:
- Choose the right topic;
- Write great headlines;
- Add body to your essay;
- Craft memorable conclusions.
What do you do after you’ve been assigned a paper to write? Do you look for previous papers to copy from? Do you start writing immediately? Do you hire a freelancer to write your work for you? What you do before the writing process determines whether you are to write an engaging piece or not.
- 7 Lifeless Simple Approaches to Make Your Computer Run Like New
- How to Build a Gaming PC
- Search engine optimization Tips to Get More Sales on Black Friday
- Widespread Motors Self-Driving Vehicle Information and Other Tech Updates: GM’s Research And Development More Centered on Self reliant-Automobile Era in Ontario, Canada
- How Good is Online Education?
The first rule of choosing the right topic is to write from your heart. Write on a topic that means something to you. If you select a case you are not convicted of, condemning your readers will be pretty hard. Don’t be tempted to write on what everyone is writing. Also, don’t be tempted to write on a topic you think might be impressive. Write on a topic that has value for you. How do you get such issues? Brainstorm!
- Go to a quiet place and think with a pen and a piece of paper;
- Make a list of your favorite topics taught during the course;
- Write a list of what you love about each case;
- Make a list of possible perspectives to write on each subject;
- Next, arrange the topics, putting the issues that are easier to research and report on the top and the matters that may take longer time to be complete at the bottom;
- Finally, eliminate cases based on complexity, time taken to write, word length, and research materials available;
- Choose your final topic.
Sketching an outline before the writing process helps you save time by anticipating challenges when writing the essay. Outlining also helps give your paper direction.
Before the writing process, complete an outline of the important points and steps to cover in your paper. Think of your system as a skeleton that holds your work together. Remember that your system is flexible; feel free to make as many changes as necessary.
A research paper can only be interesting if you have dedicated enough time to research. Shallow research makes a weak paper, while detailed analysis makes a strong one.
- Keep a record of your research. This will help you research systematically, save time and resources;
- Start by asking your teacher for resources. Their advice and resources will go a long way in giving your research direction.
- Next, scout for information from easier sources, then move to the more detailed and less easy sources. For example, start by interviewing friends, family, and colleagues. Their opinions may be what you need to get the right perspective.
- Scout for information from the Internet; be sure to use trusted websites and resources.
- Finally, scout for information from the library. Journals, textbooks, and magazines also hold a rich store of knowledge.
- Remember to keep a record of your research sources. This will help you make accurate references in the bibliography.
If you have followed the pre-writing tips, the writing process should be less demanding. With a good outline and detailed research, the writing process is a breeze.
Your title should grab the attention of your reader. After all, this article aims to teach you how to engage your reader, from the title to the last full stop. So, how do you create awesome tags?
- Titles shouldn’t be too long. They should be relevant and on the point.
- You can also use the major keywords of your paper to form a title.
- Your title can also be a summary of your thesis statement.
- Avoid titles with ambiguous and complex words.
Your thesis statement justifies the purpose of writing the paper. What do you hope to achieve with the essay? Inform? Analyze? Argue a point? It would help if you made this clear in your thesis statement. To avoid making your readers bored with your account, keep it to just a paragraph.
So, you’ve succeeded in getting your reader’s attention with the title? How do you make them continue reading the essay? An interesting introduction. There are various ways of making your introduction interesting. However, a common technique is to use a hook.
- Start your paper with rhetoric or a memorable fact, anecdote, or quote.
- You can also use statistics and figures to make a point.
The body of your essay makes up most of your research paper.
- The first paragraph is usually a continuation of your introduction.
- Let subsequent paragraphs flow logically, building on your thesis statement.
- Use a new point to make a paragraph in the body so your reader can follow you as you build on your thesis statement.
The aim of your decision should be to reinforce your thesis statement.
- Summarise your thesis statement, arguments, analysis, and research findings.
- Make a call to action to stir up further reading.
- Always edit and rewrite your paper as many times as possible. Remember, the more you rewrite, the clearer your points are.
- Next, give your work to a teacher or colleague to proofread. Make sure citations are written correctly, and spelling, references, typos, and grammar errors are fixed.
- Format your work according to the desired citation style. Whatever the citation style, be sure to follow the teacher’s specifications.
Although research papers may be critical, they can still be interesting to read. If you pick a valuable topic, you are on the right track to crafting an interesting piece. Following these tips willfor your reader.