A mechanical component that guides the rotating assembly is known as a bearing. The bearing allows the rotation of one element relative to another one. Also, bearings are high-precision parts and allow the equipment to move at different levels of speed. It efficiently transports important products. Remember, quality bearings offer high precision and durability. Moreover, they must be capable of working at high speed with minimum noise and vibration.
You can find bearings in every type of industry, whether it is the aerospace sector, the automotive industry, machine tools, construction equipment, etc. You can get several types of bearing in the market, but the four common types are cylindrical roller bearings, ball bearings, needle bearings, and tapered roller bearings.
Now, important is how to select a bearing that is perfect as per your requirements. Before choosing the bearing, understanding its operating conditions is very crucial. It will help in selecting a suitable bearing for your particular application. Howsoever, there are no rules defined for the selection of the bearings. But you can follow the general guidelines given below.
- Proper description of the application – The most critical step that should not be overlooked while selecting the bearings is the proper description of the application. This step will make sure that you only get ideal bearings for your purpose. Specify the running environment like temperature and contaminants. Furthermore, also specify the operating requirements like loads, duty cycles, RPM, etc. The following are the essential aspects that you need to consider:
- Required RPM and expected life
- Load and vibrations
- Types of lubricants
- Working Temperature
- Potential disassembly/assembly condition issues.
Make sure that each and every above-given aspect is discussed with the bearing manufacturer. Moreover, a professional manufacturer who is serious regarding his business will ask you about your requirements in detail. It is the indication that the bearing supplier you are dealing with only provides quality bearings as per the application or demand of the client.
- Do proper research on bearings – Before looking here and there in the market, make use of the internet. Study about the bearings and see what will work for your industry. You can get a huge variety of bearings on the website of Rainbow Precision Products.
The following are the aspects that you need to analyze while searching about bearings:
- Dimensions and size of the bearing
- The material of the bearing
- The application limits of the bearing
- Define important features of the bearing – Now that you have gathered all the information about the type of bearings you want, don’t forget the aspects that are given below :
- The precision of the bearing
- Type of the bearing
- Characteristics of the bearing like material, balls, grease, seals/shields, etc.
- Make the final decision – Different suppliers may offer you bearings with slight differences. It is because the industry is quite vast. So, always buy from the supplier who delivers on time and at a competitive price.