This is the beginning of my 10-part series on “WordPress SEO Tips & Strategies.”
WordPress is, without question, the most powerful tool for achieving high levels of exposure and top search rankings in Google’s search results (the ultimate goal and purpose of SEO).
Matt Cutts, a well-known Google engineer, has even stated that WordPress automatically takes care of 80-90% of the technical SEO elements!
That’s a strong statement coming from Matt Cutts, and if he is willing to put his name, and Google’s, on the line with information like that, then I’m ready to believe that WordPress is a powerful SEO tool.
More than just hearing people say that WordPress is a powerful tool, I’ve experienced it with many of my and my client’s WordPress blogs.
I’ve seen WordPress blogs get crawled, indexed, and up to a PageRank of 3 within four weeks, and I’ve seen new postings from WordPress blogs achieve #1 rankings in Google within hours!
Hey, why use a WordPress blog for SEO marketing anyway?
That’s a great question! Let me explain why a blog, WordPress, Blogger, Typed, is your quickest path to top search engine rankings.
1) Blogs build page inventory in Google. Each blog posting is a new page crawled and indexed in Google search results. So, the cumulative effect of writing a lot of content is that you continually build an inventory of pages accessible in Google for a wide range of keyword phrases.
2) Google loves freshly updated content. Google’s algorithm is changing from the days of old! It used to be where you could build a static HTML site, stuff keywords throughout the title, description, and keyword tags in the code, and you’d be able to rank for those phrases.
Well, things have changed!
Google has gotten smarter about how people attribute authority to web pages and how black-hat SEO tries to game the algorithms.
So Google has turned to favor sites that feed a continual flow of freshly updated content – something that is impossible to achieve with a static HTML website (non-blog site).
- Technical search engine marketing Tips
- SEO Tips For Beginners
- Airtel Giving Freely Free Mobile Information to Postpaid Clients Starting March thirteen
- 6 SEO guidelines om hoger in Google te Komen
- How to Select The Exceptional WordPress Subject For Better Seo
If people find your content, bookmark your site, subscribe to your RSS feed, and come back for more, then that means people will also be linking to your content. The more traffic, subscribers, and links you have, the more PageRank will be attributed to your site. The more PageRank your site has, the higher it will rank in Google, the more often your site will be crawled, and the deeper those crawls will be – all of which adds more PageRank to your blog.
To satisfy Google’s insatiable hunger for fresh content, you have to feed Google with freshly updated blog posts. In return for your giving, Google will give back with PageRank and authority. It’s a great relationship!
As mentioned earling Matt Cutts promote WordPress as the best SEO tool is enough for me! Beyond that, WordPress is a super clean CMS (content management system) that Google finds easy to crawl and whose coding is well structured.
Also, some other reasons why WordPress is such a powerful SEO tool, and I’ll be covering these in more detail in later parts, are that:
3) You can control / custom URL structures
4) Permalinks ensure keywords are present in the URL
5) Customization of tags and categories
6) Eliminate/control duplicate content issues
These are just a few of the many SEO advantages that WordPress delivers.
Stay tuned here at Social Media SEO as we dig down into the “How To” and “Strategies” of leveraging WordPress for SEO!